2017 BCMS Mission & Goals
The Boone County Medical Society's mission is to support the physicians of Boone, Howard and Cooper Counties and others across the State of Missouri in their efforts to provide high quality patient-centered care.
The Boone County Medical Society will be an indispensable unifying voice for the physicians in Boone, Howard and Cooper Counties in:
- Providing high quality continuing medical education
- Advocating for the physicians and patients of Boone, Howard and Cooper counties as well as others across the State of Missouri and
- Providing mentorship for the next generation of physicians through professional development and active participation in organized medicine.
The Boone County Medical Society will embrace the values of leadership , professionalism, collegiality, advocacy, transpar-ency, inclusiveness and fairness while pursuing its vision and mission.
Adopted by the BCMS Board December 1, 2015. Presented to the BCMS Membership at the January 2016 Gala.
BCMS GOALS FOR 2017
- Increase active membership of BCMS by 10%.
- Increase participation of residents and fellows within BCMS and create a new resident/fellow board membership.
- Revise bylaws to reflect current standings of BCMS.
- Create a new advocacy arm of BCMS and increase BCMS involvement in local healthcare associated issues and collaborate with MSMA at the state level.
- Publish our now bi-monthly newsletter, Prescriptions, to reflect more individual membership involvement.