2017 BCMS President
Raghav Govindarajan, M.D.
January 1, 2018
TO: Members of the Boone County Medical Society
FROM: Raghav Govindarajan, President
1. BYLAWS: One of my goals this year was to revise all of the Boone County Medical Society By-laws. With hard work from the By-laws Revision Committee and me, as Chair, this has been accomplished. Every Article and Section has been updated. (Our By-laws were last revamped in 1984.)
You will find a copy of these Revised By-laws on our website here (under About US and also in the January website issue of Prescriptions). If you have any questions or concerns on these updated By-laws, please email the Society office at email@example.com prior to our January 20th Gala, at which time we will vote on their acceptance.
A special thanks to our By-laws Revision Committee for their hard work on such a tedious project.
Hung Winn, Past President
Josh Hamann, current Secretary/Treasurer
Ted Groshong, Past President
Lisa Thomas, Past President
2. BCMS NEWSLETTER: PRESCRIPTIONS will continue to be written either monthly or bi-monthly and posted only on our website here for 2018. We will see how feasible this is and how our members feel about not receiving a hard copy. Please continue to share articles, pictures and items of interest to the Society office via email firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in this web copy.
3. WEBSITE CALENDAR: While you are on the website you will also see that the calendar allows you to RSVP for any of our meetings. You will find the website easy to navigate but if you have any problems, let the Society office know.
4. 2018 GALA: If you have not already made your reservation for our January 20 Gala at the Country Club of Missouri, please take a moment to do that. RSVP deadline is January 12. Our Distinguished Physician Award will be going to Joseph Muscato.
5. NEEDED DELEGATES TO MSMA CONVENTION: BCMS has 16 slots to fill this year. If you plan to attend the MSMA convention and would like to represent your Society as a Delegate, please let the Society office know. Deadline to register will be February 1. Additional information on the convention is listed on our website in the January issue of Prescriptions on Page 11.
I want to extend my appreciation to all of our members for their assistance and attendance at BCMS functions throughout my Presidency. Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.
Raghav Govindarajan, M.D.,
Welcome to the website for
Boone County Medical Society
Boone County Medical Society (BCMS) was formed in 1902 by local physicians in Boone County and through the years we have absorbed Howard and Cooper Counties as well. We are a component society with Missouri State Medical Association (MSMA). BCMS is your local representation to organized medicine.